GE Electric Cooktop wiring help

Old 10-07-16, 10:50 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Electric Cooktop wiring help

We're doing a kitchen renovation and removed our GE Electric Cooktop. Now that cabinets and counters are in, it's time to start putting thing back together. Unfortunately I do not remember how the Cooktop was wired. From the wall I have 4 wires (Red, Black, White & bare copper). From the Cooktop I have 3 wires (Red, Black, bare copper). How do I wire this up? I'm assuming red to red, black to black, copper to copper, but what bout the white wire? I swear it was wired with one of the other wires, but I can't remember as it was almost 2 months ago when I removed the appliances. Can someone please assist? Thanks a bunch!!!

Attached Images   
Old 10-07-16, 11:23 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
The white is capped with a wirenut and not used.
what bout the white wire? I swear it was wired with one of the other wires
If this is the same cook top then it was wired wrong. To verify check the breaker. There should be a black and red wire to the breaker and the bare ground should go to the neutral bar or , it present. the ground bar.

Note the grounds should be pigtailed to the junction box. I don't see a provision for a ground screw in the box so you may need to use a ground clip.

Name:  62.png
Views: 2275
Size:  123.9 KB

Old 10-08-16, 06:07 AM
Group Moderator
Received 252 Votes on 220 Posts
There should be a tapped hole in the back of the box for the ground screw. They are easier then a ground clip.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: