What is this crimp connector?


Old 10-27-16, 11:54 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is this crimp connector?

Ok - so I know its a ce2 crimp connector, but its very hard to read any thing else on the side. I can make out A2 aswell but im totally unsure of the guage.

Im switching out an analog thermostat in Rv for digital one so they are small/thin wires -12v (not sure if it converts up)

I was going to get the 16 14 guage- by the scale of the photo- is this right?

Is there a special tool for crimping them when wires are in?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-16, 12:26 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 21,607
Received 317 Votes on 291 Posts
You mentioned wire gauges and scale of a photo in the same sentence. Are you trying to post a photo?

CE2 can have a max of one #18 and one #14 wire and a minimum of two #22 wires. There are specialized crimping tools but I always use the crimping jaws on my wire stripper/crimper pliers.

Old 10-27-16, 02:16 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

terrible time loading photoName:  ce2.png
Views: 187
Size:  80.1 KB

this is the ce2 connector - not sure of guage. Any thoughts. Quarter in there for scale
Old 10-27-16, 02:28 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
im replacing analog Rv thermostat w digital but im a bit lost

Old 10-27-16, 07:04 PM
Justin Smith's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cressona, Pa, USA
Posts: 2,546
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If I was doing this I'd use heat shrink butt splices. [ATTACH=CONFIG]72481[/ATTACH]
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-16, 11:13 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 54,648
Received 517 Votes on 487 Posts
Those cap crimps come in basically two sizes..... large #16-#14 and small #22-#16.

You want the small ones (CE-2). You can get them in auto parts stores, home improvement stores and electrical supply stores.

I buy them in 1000 lot bulk. They come in 100 piece bags.
Basically any crimp tool will crimp them. You twist the wires together, insert them in the crimp and gently squeeze crimp. No need to squish the copper.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: