Wall-wart Size?

Old 10-29-16, 12:58 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Wall-wart Size?

Just got a new phone and the wall-wart seems physically small. It is supposedly 1 amp but the size is half that of a couple of different 700ma (USB) wall warts I have. Actual size of this one is 1"x1"x1.125.

The phone was not original box and I suspect the seller pulled the original wall wart and cord for resale and inserted a cheaper one. It was good price and the charger does seem to charge the phone but I was curios about the physical size of the wall-wart given its alleged amps.

Phone is a LG 306G. Pictures show a black wall-wart and at least a 2 foot cord. What I got is white with a 1 foot cord. Does anyone out there have a LG 306G? If so what wall-wart and cord came with it?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-16, 05:36 AM
Received 17 Votes on 17 Posts
The important thing is the capacity of the wall wart, check on the phone to see what the power requirements are and match the wart to that,I just checked on Google for that phone and it appears to be a standard USB charger, which isn't very big.

Old 10-29-16, 05:39 AM
Group Moderator
Received 228 Votes on 210 Posts
The size difference could be a technology difference. Your older ones may have a transformer while the new one uses electronics to regulate the voltage and can do the same job (or more) in a smaller more efficient package. I'd go by the rating that's printed on the power supply and not by it's physical size.

Old 10-29-16, 05:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
The only thing I have found is most phones will work fine on a 1 amp wart, while an Ipad will take a 2 amp charger for a faster charge. Otherwise overnight on the smaller one. The wart I use has two USB ports. One for 1 amp and the other for 2amp, with total output of 5v at 3.1 amps made by Etakcity.

Old 10-29-16, 06:15 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Thanks all. I was just curious about the size. I think Dane's explanation makes since. Also Geo's comment confirms what I was beginning to think after checking several pictures on line.