U-shaped florescent lamp


Old 04-25-01, 07:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

My 40w U-shaped florescent lamp has gone out. I purchased a new one that did not work. I purchased a new ballast, same voltage, but for two straight 20w lamps. it is still not working. do i need a special ballast for a u-shaped lamp? the new ballast did have two yellow wires that i could not use as they were to connect to the butt end of the two straight bulbs. thanks. do bulbs and ballasts often go out at the same time. maybe i need the new ballast i have and a new lamp?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-01, 08:01 AM
Gary Tait
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
The ballast for a 40 watt U lamp is the same as used
for the 40 watt straight tube.
Old 04-25-01, 09:16 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
reply u-shaped lamp

could i have blown the lamp when i put it back in with the new ballast? it flickers and lights up barely and is black on one end for about 2-3 inches. but that is what it was doing previously.

thanks for the ballast info.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: