Electrical switch ?

Old 04-25-01, 09:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Question Electrical Switch ?

I have built an in-ground pond and waterfall. Installed a 240V power point nearby for power supply to the pump.
The supply comes through the external wall,via an inside powerpoint, then underground from the house.
I want to install a waterproof switch ,(which I have ),in line, at the point that the cable exits the house. Then I won't have to walk on the garden surrounding the pond.
I want to know how to wire the switch inline? a wiring diagram or simple explaination if possible.
I would be greatfull for any information, Thank's.

[Edited by pip46 on 04-26-01 at 05:29]

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-01, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If this is a 240 volt single phase circuit I would buy a fused disconnect switch. You can also obtain a 2-pole "motor starting switch", which is kinda like a regular light switch in construction, but is horsepower rated and fits in a standard single-gang wall box. Not someting I would expect to find at Home Depot, but readily available from an electrician supply shop. Either device should be rated 30 amps for motors up to up to 5 horsepower. Also, either device would see two switched hot poles and the neutral would be directly connected to the motor.

Hope that helps.

Juice