Electrical switch ?


Old 04-25-01, 09:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Electrical Switch ?

I have built an in-ground pond and waterfall. Installed a 240V power point nearby for power supply to the pump.
The supply comes through the external wall,via an inside powerpoint, then underground from the house.
I want to install a waterproof switch ,(which I have ),in line, at the point that the cable exits the house. Then I won't have to walk on the garden surrounding the pond.
I want to know how to wire the switch inline? a wiring diagram or simple explaination if possible.
I would be greatfull for any information, Thank's.

[Edited by pip46 on 04-26-01 at 05:29]
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-01, 10:42 AM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Fayetteville, NY, USA
Posts: 1,052
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If this is a 240 volt single phase circuit I would buy a fused disconnect switch. You can also obtain a 2-pole "motor starting switch", which is kinda like a regular light switch in construction, but is horsepower rated and fits in a standard single-gang wall box. Not someting I would expect to find at Home Depot, but readily available from an electrician supply shop. Either device should be rated 30 amps for motors up to up to 5 horsepower. Also, either device would see two switched hot poles and the neutral would be directly connected to the motor.

Hope that helps.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: