electronic feedback tracer???


Old 04-26-01, 02:45 AM
Sonnie Layne
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Hope someone can help me locate an item, or at least put a name to the device???

This instrument is used to locate/trace wiring behind walls, in attics etc. Two parts: 1) the sending unit, which is powered by battery, is clipped onto a circuit hot at the panel and switched on. Circuit breaker must be open. 2) Second part is a receiver of some kind that emits feedback when in the proximity of the wire that the sender is clipped to.

What is the device and where can I buy one? We were using one on the remodel I'm working on yesterday, but duuuh, forgot to throw the breaker. Fried that puppy right up. The receiver is probably OK, but that li'l sender was not a happy camper to say the least.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-01, 11:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I am familiar with one called "Fox and Hound" the kit can be found at anyplace that sells networking or telco tools. You can try Black Box or Contact East.
Old 04-27-01, 03:00 AM
Sonnie Layne
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Many thanks Torch, you're right!!


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: