Outdoor receptacle and faucet mounting

Old 05-14-17, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Outdoor receptacle and faucet mounting

I'm looking for options to redo a poorly installed outdoor receptacle with a near by water faucet. My thoughts are to sink a 4X4 pole into the ground and have a water faucet attached to one side and the electrical receptacle on the other as shown in the attached drawing.

The electrical outlet today is fed from UF cable. Here is the drawing, are there any code violations or concerns? Thanks
Faucet & receptacle.pdf

Name:  Spectacle.J14203.png
Views: 229
Size:  21.6 KB

Last edited by ray2047; 05-14-17 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Insert image.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-17, 09:02 AM
Group Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 66 Posts
No issues at all. If UF is less then 24" deep in the ground (18" if in conduit) it will require GFCI protection before it enters the ground. If it is buried 24" then GFCI portection is only required at the receptacle on the post. Really, you can run the water line and UF in the same trench if you want.

Old 05-14-17, 09:09 AM
Thanks, the UF feeder has a gfci breaker in the service panel so I'm guessing the existing GFCI receptacle isn't necessary? These are existing so they come from different directions.

Old 05-14-17, 10:40 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
the UF feeder has a gfci breaker... the existing GFCI receptacle isn't necessary[?]
That is correct. It also complicates troubleshooting should there be a trip. The receptacle should be labeled GFCI protected.

Tip: A PDF is a not a good way to insert images. Some may be afraid to click on it and others may not have a way to download and open it. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/li...rt-images.html

Old 05-14-17, 11:18 AM
Thanks Ray, The reason I used pdf is that the drawing was done in AutoCad Lite. I'm used to sending it to a plot device, a PDF in this case but I'll try exporting to a JPEG file next time. Thanks for the heads up.