Circuit breakers


Old 05-02-01, 05:51 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I was looking at the main panel outside. The breakers are not like the ones ivr seen in books. They are buttons instead of switches. Is there any difference I should be concerend about?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-01, 05:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
What color are these buttons? Are they small diameter white buttons in the middle of a circle about the size of a quarter? Are the 'quarters' of different colors such as blue, yellow, orange? A more specific description of your buttons can help us to help you.

Enjoy your day!
Old 05-02-01, 05:14 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
They are black buttons that simply push on and off, exactly like a switch.
Old 05-02-01, 07:21 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Sounds like you have an ITE pushmatic panel. Look on the inside of the panel door and see if it says Siemans or ITE. I would guess it does. This style panel appeared about 1975 in the electrical trade. Was considered the Cadilac of panels at the time.

Hope this helps

Old 05-02-01, 08:40 PM
GregH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 10,026
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts

Our house which was built in the 50's has a 60 amp PushMatic panel which is now a sub off a 200 amp main. Doesn't have ITE but has a bulldog embossed in the cover.Excellent panel and easy to get spares at yard sales.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: