Two or three output 12v timer switch?

Old 07-10-17, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Two or three output 12v timer switch?

I'm looking to cycle a few 12v mini-LED indicator bulbs, once each, over the course of 24hrs. Input and load would both be 12v. As each LED's will be cycled at different times I would require either a timer with multiple relays/outputs or maybe just multiple timers.

I found the following and was wondering if something like this is what I'm looking for or might there be a more appropriate timer.
KKmoon Dual Programmable Relay Control Board Cycle Delay Timer Timing Clock Switch Module

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-17, 12:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 416 Votes on 389 Posts
If that does what you want and the timing cycles are appropriate.... then it will work fine.

That timer is two channels. if you have more than 2 LEDS that need to be cycled at different times then it will not do what you want,.

Old 07-10-17, 12:46 PM
I'm curious... what is the purpose of cycling the LEDs once per day? Are you going to have optical sensors on the other side and this is for isolation purposes? Or...?

Me, I'd just spend $50 on a Raspberry Pi or similar instead of the $12 for that board, because then I could log into the thing and adjust timing and stuff with a real interface. But I'm a computer programmer so that's just what appeals to me. In that case you'd have to use 5V LEDs I think, but without knowing specifics I don't see why your LEDs must be 12V. If battery life is of importance than strike that idea. But you didn't say.

Old 07-10-17, 12:57 PM
Much appreciate the reply Pjmax!

Great to hear the "type" of timer is appropriate. Looking harder I might find a quad-capable timer but for now it's been only single and dual. My needs are minimal -- 12v/200mA input and load, cycle once per circuit/24hr, OP 30min -- so options should be plentiful. May just get a double for now and add singles as needed.

Old 07-10-17, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the input core!

The use is simply as an indicator for when to perform a task. The input and load power will be from a brick PS. 12v for the LED's was a max value as I could possibly be using incandescent automotive style bulbs in a pinch.

Any suggestions are appreciated since I'm still in the "idea" mode for this mini-project.