Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

a small desktop digital clock that shows in the dark but is not electrical

Old 09-22-17, 09:41 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I am trying to find a small digital clock that shows in the dark but does not have to be plugged in to a wall outlet. I know there are digital clocks that show the time in the dark if you press a button or whatever, but I would really like a continuous backlit display or a display with lighted numerals for both day and night without having to press any buttons. Just wondering if there is some kind of phosphorescent way that it could be achieved or if there is any such product available on the market today, because I cannot find any.

Old 09-22-17, 11:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Just some ideas. Only the first one is truly lit 24hrs a day and is battery operated. The old green glow faces actually used radium to keep them glowing. That is no longer the case.

amazon/dp/B01IAXYPE0/ref=psdc_108321011_t1_B000UUKOL0

amazon/Glow-Dark-Alarm-Clocks

amazon/Equity-Crosse-30330-Digital-Technology

Old 09-23-17, 12:24 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I really like the first one, but cannot deal with the 'red' numbers; I like green numbers. Are there any others like that one, only with green numbers, I wonder.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: