Installing a light fixture/Have question about wiring??

Old 05-05-01, 07:06 PM
Visiting Guest
I'm currently in process of selling my home and I just bought a new light fixture (Brand Name)Hampton Bay. It looks pretty simple but there is a little note in the box stating "In the majority of homes built before 1985, the wiring is 60c, so if your not sure about your wiring, consult an electrician before installing. What on earth does this mean?? I checked the big ugly fixture that was up before and it had an 80c on it. The new fixture requires at least 90c (something to do with the wiring). So if anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't want to have to have an electrician come in to install a simple light fixture if it isn't necessary. I checked the electrical wiring in the ceiling and there is nothing with any numbers at all. Anyway, my house was built in 1983 and I don't want to blow it up before I even have the chance to sell it so anyone that could help. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
****PLEASE HELP ASAP*********

Old 05-05-01, 07:17 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Congratulations. You have just won a complete home rewire. You are the millionth person to ask this question.

Use the search button above to search this forum for "90 degree wire". You'll be buried with information.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: