No breaker for Stove??

Old 10-16-17, 10:30 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No breaker for Stove??

Need some help with this. The panel shows a breaker for the stove, but that circuit appears to control the AC instead. There appears to be two other 240 circuits, but none will turn off the stove. On top of that, there is no main breaker in the panel. Need to shut off the stove circuit. See pictures of panel with and without cover. I don't think there is any subpanel in the house. Am I correct in assuming that this is wired directly to outside main?

Attached Images   
Old 10-16-17, 10:49 AM
Group Moderator
Received 2,953 Votes on 2,664 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The upper left breaker is a dual or tandem breaker. It's 30A and 50A in one.
The 30A is the A/C and the 50A is the range.

Your panel marking is correct. The outer two breakers are the A/C and the inner two are the range.

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 3233
Size:  26.5 KB

Old 10-16-17, 12:31 PM
A
Hi Pete, thanks for the quick reply.

I just tried again--I shut off the 50 amp circuit, and it cut off the AC, but the range remained on. I have actually turned off every breaker in the panel, and nothing is shutting off the range.
Just a little more input, although I am not sure if this helps. The reason I want to turn off the range circuit is because the stove stopped working. It turns out that when I move the range away from the wall a little, it comes back on--looks like a loose connection to me. That part I think I can fix, if I can just get the juice turned off...

Old 10-16-17, 12:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,953 Votes on 2,664 Posts
There is no main breaker (and there should be) in that panel which means you have may another panel somewhere.

If that is indeed the main panel... there may be an outside main breaker for it.

Old 10-16-17, 12:51 PM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 45 Votes on 43 Posts
Sometimes there are more breakers in a box integrated with the outdoor meter. Definitely need to check there.

Old 10-16-17, 12:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Look all around house I have found panels in strange places that customers who have lived in house many years did not know about.

Old 10-16-17, 03:44 PM
A
Thanks so much all!! The main and an unmarked 50 amp circuit was out there--the range!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: