Help needed

Old 12-05-17, 02:51 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help needed

Dear All members,
Much help are needed here. I have attached two photos for your reference. need to know where the brown wire, blue and green and yellow wire goes to.

Please Please.

Thank you very much.

Warmest Regards,

John

Attached Images   
Old 12-05-17, 03:35 AM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Dear John. You have given almost nothing in the way of information to be able to help you. We don't even know what country you are in.

What are you trying to connect to the switch in question? Where does the power come from? Is it plug and cord connected or hard wired? What voltage is being used and how much amperage?

How many individual wires (conductors) are you dealing with and what are their colors? Your description reads to me as if there is a single brown wire, maybe a single blue wire and then a third wire that has both green and yellow colors on it. Green or green/yellow is usually an equipment "grounding conductor" or "ground" as it is called in the United States but usually called an "earthing" or "earth" conductor in other parts of the world. Blue and brown are normally current-carrying conductors outside the US with the blue being the "neutral" (technically groundED conductor) and brown being the so-called "hot" conductor.

Old 12-05-17, 04:52 AM
Received 287 Votes on 257 Posts
Old 12-05-17, 05:28 AM
F
Yes, it is a push button start-stop station. I suspect it has maintained contacts and the two buttons are mechanically interlocked so pushing one in causes the other to pop out. What I DON"T know is where his wires are coming from and/or going to. I DON'T know what his load is, an electric motor or what. I DON"T know what the amperage is so I don't know if the rating on this switch is sufficient. Nor do I know what the "action" is on the stop button. It appears to have three terminals of which one looks to be connected to the start button switch.

Now, IF this is to be used with a single-phase load not exceeding the 5 ampere rating of the switch, then (assuming this is not in the US) the line brown wire will connect to one of the two unused terminals on the stop button (which one?) and then the load brown wire would connect to the free start button terminal, The blue wires, line and load, will connect together and the green/yellow(?) wires of the line and load will connect together with the line side going to an earth ground and the load side going to the load metallic frame.

The problem IS determining which terminal on the stop switch to use. It APPEARS that one is for line in and the other is for some kind of load, maybe an OFF indicator lamp. This could be determined by trial and error as it will only work properly with one connection.

Old 12-05-17, 06:12 AM
J
Omg!! So so sorry.

i am from singapore and that swirch is gong to turn on and off my ventilation fan.

so the seller said when press on, it will on continuously until press off. The button can depressed many times meaning it will not popped up when the other button is depressed.

power will come from a genset with an output of 240v. One end of the cable will go to an industrial plug and the other end will go to my ventilation fan. Yws, what u describe the cables are correct. But i want to know which wires goes where? Lol.

the switch is rated at 250v and 5A

Old 12-05-17, 06:57 AM
F
We have a language problem. I read, write and speak Americanized English quite well. I am NOT fluent in any other language.

When you press either button does the button return to the original position when you remove your finger? If so, you cannot use that switch by itself to control the fan.

OR, does the ON button remain depressed after you remove your finger and only return to the unpressed position when you press the OFF button?

Old 12-05-17, 11:15 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,321 Votes on 1,221 Posts
Not a very big switch for a ventilation fan. It may melt.
This should be what you need.

Name:  pb.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  87.1 KB

Old 12-05-17, 06:06 PM
J
Hi Furd,

i am sorry my english is bad.

Either of the buttons will return to its original position after depressed.

thanks pete. But only the brown wire is connected? The other two colours are outside the switch?

Old 12-05-17, 09:36 PM
J
ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh okok. got it pete. lol. thanks thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: