Electrostatic Precipitator and a Cyclone Hybrid

Old 12-28-17, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electrostatic Precipitator and a Cyclone Hybrid

Hello, Everyone !!!
Newbie here and despite taking a course in basic electric components, still a noob. Therefore kindly guide me, I intend to start a project in my free time but for the sake of discussion I am posting the issue here. I want to create an ESP and cyclone hybrid and calculate its efficiency in cleaning raw air in high particulate matter areas and its feasibility but I am unable to calculate the right type of capacitance for Walton-cockroft multiplier. I need to run it off mains in my area that are 220V/ 50-55Hz. Also I need a voltage not higher than 4kV (actually i need +4kV for ionizer pins and -4kV for collector plate). I have basic understanding of circuits but since this involve high voltage, I need your advice before hooking up capacitors of large capacitance (I could only find ones greater than 6 micro farad at 250V, X2). I took a design off instructables but couldnt find low enough capacitors for the same. The fan i am using is 150 cfm controlled by PWM.
Help me find a formula to substitute the capacitors in below instruct-able:

How to Make a Negative Ion Air Ionizer: 12 Steps (with Pictures)

1. I intend to use the full wave version.
2. I believe that using AC on both side and neutral in middle could also be used, I saw a diagram doing just that.
3. I believe that the polarity can be reversed by using a single capacitor at the end. (??? still no sure how, Help needed here)

Regards

Sponsored Links