Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

wire a fan/light combo (single fan switch and 3-way light switches)

wire a fan/light combo (single fan switch and 3-way light switches)

Old 04-08-18, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation wire a fan/light combo (single fan switch and 3-way light switches)

I'm trying to wire a fan/light combo with a single fan switch independent of a 3-way light switch (3 locations). My only power coming in is a black hot wire from 14-2 for a light switch of another set of lights (in the three gang box shared with a fan and light switch for fan/light combo) . I don't have a power in directly to the fan. I have 14-3 going between each box and then ending at the fan/light. Can I use the hot wire from the switch that is int three gang box for my incoming hot wire and daisy chain it? Please help me. How can I wire this so my other set of lights in the three gang stays independent of the fan/light combo and the fan/lights stay independent of each other. Your help is greatly appreciated and it would really help me out. Thanks so much

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-18, 08:41 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
My only power coming in is a black hot wire from
Do you also have the neutral that goes with the black wire. If not you are talking switch loop and a switch loop is not a source of power because there is no neutral.