will new oven work in place of old?

Old 08-28-18, 07:53 PM
Received 38 Votes on 36 Posts
Electrician should be able to do it without any problem.
Some electrician may also say it is ok to just hook up to your existing 30A. I disagree since your appliance's manual specifically calls for 20A, but then chances of you actually having a issue is relatively low.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-18, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
when the sears guy got here he looked at my 3 inch platform i built and measured and said the new oven wouldnt fit and it needs 23.5 height. i said the bosch manual stated 22 15/16 to 23 1/16.

guess who was right

thing is my old oven was sitting on a table in the room and he took it out and hooked up the electric BEFORE even seeing if the new oven fit. i thought that was silly.

but the bosch manual was right. it fits perfectly.

however. my counters do not come out parallel to each other. what this meant was the top left of the door hit the left counter when it was open so he had to bump the oven bit to the right. now about 2 inches of the lower part of the door hits the right forimica. i put a piece of paper between oven door and counter and it did not fall. but its not super tight. the little black trim around the chrome will probably wear away after a while but nothing you can do. and once you get out of those lower 2 inches the door is 'far' away from the counter

2 HUGE flaws in this oven. one i had read about. when the timer is on and the oven is on you cannot see the timer nor the oven temp. very disconcerting.

on convection bake it heats up quick but you better turn to bake to cook or your food will burn...dont ask me how i know. gonna be a learning curve with this beast. but i'm happy to have a real oven at last.

extra rack gonna cost me 57 though. sigh. comes with one and baking tray only

appreciate all the help on the questions

Attached Images  
Old 09-25-18, 10:25 AM
if anyone has ideas for a trim piece thats reasonable i'm all ears

Old 09-25-18, 11:16 AM
Received 38 Votes on 36 Posts
Look for 1x4 or 1x3 (whatever fits the best) #2 pine or maple board and stain matching your cabinet color as much as possible.
That should cover the gap.

Another solution is looking for a stainless steel bar and cut it to size, but that won't be as easy to work with.

Old 09-26-18, 12:52 PM
the oven came with a Canadian energy sticker. does this mean it was bound for canada? am i legally allowed to own it

Old 09-26-18, 04:29 PM
Received 10 Votes on 10 Posts
the oven came with a Canadian energy sticker. does this mean it was bound for canada? am i legally allowed to own it
Who is going to care?.....................................................................

Old 09-30-18, 03:49 PM
sometimes govts are intrusive about products that come into the country