how do i wire this???

Old 05-22-01, 06:00 PM
Visiting Guest

hello!!

i need some information on how to wire a double switch with one hot wire that runs into the box and controls and existing light how do i make the other switch hot to control a light bar above the vanity. i already have the other wire run into the box and need to hook it up some how any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks koim

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-01, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Connect the hot wire with a wire nut to two pigtails (3" segments of wire). Connect the two pigtails to the two switches.

If this is one of those dual-switch gizmos that fits in the space of a single switch, these are designed such that a single hot connection can be made to both switches by connecting to one screw (on one side of the switch -- the other side is for two separate connections). In this case, you won't need either the wire nut or the pigtails.

Post back if you have further questions. You sound like a novice at this.

Old 08-31-01, 02:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

It's Arizona. It's summer. It's HOT. Birds and who knows what else have munched everything down to the roots. It didn't matter how spiny the cactus, they ate it all. What can I plant along my front walk that they wont eat? I only water the front walk area and leave the rest of the property natural.