Sub panel replacement


Old 02-24-19, 10:34 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sub panel replacement

Hi I have a 70amp breaker running to a detached garage what size sub panel can I use? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-19, 10:43 AM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 53,100
Received 372 Votes on 349 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You can use a 100A panel. It will be protected by the 70A breaker. If it contain more than 6 breakers then it needs a main breaker in it. The sub panel will require a separately purchase ground block.

This is a basic panel from Depot. It's in their homeline series. Even comes with a ground bar.
Old 02-24-19, 01:29 PM
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: United States, Virginia
Posts: 1,175
Received 23 Votes on 19 Posts
I highly suggest something at least this size with the main breaker.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: