New Range Help

Old 03-11-19, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Range Help

I have a new range on the way. See below. What gauge wiring do I need to run from my panel and what type of breaker do I need to install? Is there a certain plug type that I would need for the combination of all of the above?

I've done minor electric projects (fixtures, plugs, etc.) But this one is bigger than those.

Thanks for any help!!!!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/whirlpool-5-3-cu-ft-freestanding-electric-range-stainless-steel/5979703.p?skuId=5979703

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-19, 07:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
You need a 50A double-pole breaker, 6-3/g NM-B cable, a 14-50R range receptacle, and a corresponding 14-50P range cord (they come in 3' or 6' length). If you plan to use a flush-mount receptacle you'll also need a deep 2 gang box and metal 2 gang range cover plate. If you use a surface-mount receptacle, no box is required. Don't forget romex connectors and cable staples sized for the 6-3 cable.

Old 03-12-19, 10:14 AM
Received 22 Votes on 17 Posts
This is a 11 KW range. A 40 amp circuit using 8-3 NM-B cable (aka Romex) and a 40 amp 2-pole breaker is also acceptable according to the electrical requirements on page 5 of the installation manual. The last two Whirlpool ranges I have bought only required a 40 amp circuit.

https://www.whirlpool.com/content/da...03811-RevC.pdf