New Range Help


Old 03-11-19, 07:33 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Range Help

I have a new range on the way. See below. What gauge wiring do I need to run from my panel and what type of breaker do I need to install? Is there a certain plug type that I would need for the combination of all of the above?

I've done minor electric projects (fixtures, plugs, etc.) But this one is bigger than those.

Thanks for any help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-19, 07:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 10,944
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
You need a 50A double-pole breaker, 6-3/g NM-B cable, a 14-50R range receptacle, and a corresponding 14-50P range cord (they come in 3' or 6' length). If you plan to use a flush-mount receptacle you'll also need a deep 2 gang box and metal 2 gang range cover plate. If you use a surface-mount receptacle, no box is required. Don't forget romex connectors and cable staples sized for the 6-3 cable.
Old 03-12-19, 10:14 AM
CasualJoe's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 9,981
Received 22 Votes on 17 Posts
This is a 11 KW range. A 40 amp circuit using 8-3 NM-B cable (aka Romex) and a 40 amp 2-pole breaker is also acceptable according to the electrical requirements on page 5 of the installation manual. The last two Whirlpool ranges I have bought only required a 40 amp circuit.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: