High voltage multiplied DC

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-19, 12:34 PM
Question High voltage multiplied DC

Hi guys just joined the forum,trying to find some answers for my dilemma...
assuming that i have 4 solar panel 250 W each running DC through N x10 capacitors 10000 uF and from the capacitors through the voltage multiplier with a total output of 250.000 volts DC output.
now the question is how do i turn those 250.000 DC into AC?
is there any sort of inverter that can convert that much electricity on demand?
keep in mind that i am not an electrician "i know a lil about electricity" so please simple answer without any mathematical thing.
is there a way to make an inverter that can convert that much DC into AC?"coz i saw max peak inverter with 20 Kw AC output "surge" and a constant 16 Kw with efficiency rate like 90-92%.
Thanks for the answer in advance!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-19, 01:38 PM
hmmm; One doesn't run DC thru caps. Voltage multipliers using caps needs ac or at least pulsing V.

What is it you need? 120V ac?

Bud9051 liked this post.
Old 05-14-19, 10:56 PM
Group Moderator
I'm trying to figure out why you don't power a solar inverter directly ?
Are you going to be feeding the grid ?
Four 250w panels will only produce 1kw max.

Old 05-14-19, 11:30 PM
Based on what i have been reading around there are capacitors that can store AC and the most common capacitors store DC example Maxwell super capacitors "which i saw on a video being used to store energy from solar panel than has 1000W peak inverter with 500W constant ..
I'm not an electricity nerd........so if i was an electricity nerd i wouldn't be here to ask....
based on what i have been reading here : https://www.elcircuit.com/2012/04/dc...e-doubler.html
here with schematics and math : DC Voltage Multiplier Circuit | Multistage Voltage Multipliers.
unless both of the sites i mentioned are fake news or fake science,what you said @telecom guy about voltage multiplier is wrong.....
but lets stick to the matter at hand,shall we?
which is how do i turn 250 K DC into AC???
does anybody has any idea how to make an inverter that can convert that much DC into AC?
even if the AC output isn't 250 K and lets say that the converting is accurate at 70-80% it would be good anyway for me....
thanks again for any actual help given.....

Old 05-14-19, 11:34 PM
simple if i with just only 1x250W panel and multiply it after being stored in capacitor "for a constant multiplication" and than feed the inverter.
as asked in my reply quote: "does anybody has any idea how to make an inverter that can convert that much DC into AC?
even if the AC output isn't 250 K and lets say that the converting is accurate at 70-80% it would be good anyway for me...."

Old 05-14-19, 11:55 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

The two tech sites you linked to have DC voltage multiplier circuits shown. The first site is illustrating a low current voltage doubler. Milliamps...... nowhere near the current you need.

The second site also shows multiplier circuits but if you read closer...... A voltage doubling circuit produces an output voltage which is approximately double the peak voltage of the input waveform. That is telling you that you need A/C or a square wave input. You can't efficiently double massive amounts of DC power.

You can store the DC from the solar panels in "super capacitors" but that doesn't increase the voltage.

Old 05-14-19, 11:59 PM
well i'm still waiting for the actual answer to my actual need...which is does anybody knows how to make a 250000 DC inverter into AC????
coz if nobody knows sorry to say i am wasting time here asking....
AGAIN THE ACTUAL QUESTION AND HELP I NEED IS ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO MAKE AN INVERTER THAT CAN CONVERT 250000 V DC INTO AC?
if yes please share it...
if no well i've been wasting time
thanks and good by

Old 05-15-19, 12:01 AM
Group Moderator
No ...sorry. No one here can answer that question.
The best place to ask that is on an electronic engineering website.

www.stackexchange.com is one place.

Doorman2722 liked this post.
Old 05-15-19, 03:46 AM
I am sure there is an engineering firm out there that can design and build what you want, but the cost/benefit will make you think long and hard, unless money is no object. You won't find an answer in a DIY forum.

Old 05-15-19, 04:53 AM
yes, no problem. Utilities make upwards of 750kV AC using EHV DC feeders. Very popular in China, some in Brazil, etc. Well outside the scope of this thread.

Old 05-15-19, 05:12 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
does anybody knows how to make a 250000 DC inverter into AC????
Yes, ABB can set you up for a couple hundred million USD.

Old 05-15-19, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by MadD0g76
i have 4 solar panel 250 W each
What DC voltage do they output?

250.000 volts DC output
how do i turn 250 K DC into AC???
does anybody knows how to make a 250000 DC inverter into AC????
ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO MAKE AN INVERTER THAT CAN CONVERT 250000 V DC INTO AC?
Are you kidding? You think there's 250 kV coming from 4 solar panels? I suspect you have made a math mistake. Again, what voltage do your panels output? Share the product page or specs.

i saw max peak inverter with 20 Kw AC output "surge" and a constant 16 Kw with efficiency rate like 90-92%.
As Pjmax correctly stated, your four 250 W panels will output a maximum of 1 Kw of power, regardless the voltage. Therefore you need a inverter rated for 1 kW. Maybe get a 1.2 or 1.5 kW to be safe.

Old 05-20-19, 12:50 AM
electric_dummy Am i kidding?have you ever heard of voltage multiplier?
either DC or AC.
is that a DIY site?by the address doityourself.com i think so..
So whom is suggesting to go and buy an inverter well if i wanted to buy , that could invert 250.000 V DC into AC i could've found it by myself without registering in here...
i came here only to know if somebody anybody knew how to make a 250.000 V DC inverter by my self.. not to be suggested to buy one...

Old 05-20-19, 03:40 AM
MadDog76 lets be real. Your issue is a one in a billion and is a want, not a need. The majority of people on this forum have issues due to need. It is obvious you don't understand how DC is converted to AC and the engineering issues that have to be addressed in selecting, testing and assembling electrical components. Nobody is going to this for fun or free. I suggest you go on the internet and do some reading about your issue before commenting again on responses.

Old 05-20-19, 04:28 AM
Group Moderator
THe horse is dead. The thread is closed. It was never really on topic suitable for these forums.

Dixie2012 liked this post.
Old 05-20-19, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
if no well i've been wasting time
thanks and good by
Goodbye!

Closed Thread