Conduit outlet body, and waterproofing end of conduit

Old 05-17-19, 01:24 PM
Conduit outlet body, and waterproofing end of conduit

Can I use this outlet box https://www.grainger.com/product/CAN...let-Body-4FYP6 as an actual electrical box and use it to connect 12-2 inside? I'm looking for a small electrical box to go under some rock near my fountain? would this box be acceptable, or would I need an actual electrical box?

Also, what's the best way to waterproof the end of the conduit? Would it just be drilling a hole in a cap or do they make an actual waterproof plug?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-19, 01:37 PM
Hi, you will need a box similar to this, the conduit will stub up into this type of box and a receptacle will be installed in it. The box will also need to be supported by some means other than the conduit.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-Gang-W...IU-1/206469236
Geo

Old 05-17-19, 01:41 PM
There will be no receptable being use, it will be loose wires, wire nutted together.

Old 05-17-19, 01:45 PM
Hi, post some pics of what you are trying to do. Wires canít run exposed above ground
Geo

Old 05-17-19, 02:06 PM
I have UF-B 12-2 wire, going inside a 3/4" cantex conduit. I'm just looking for a small outlet box that can be burried under rock so i can't see it.

Old 05-17-19, 02:09 PM
Group Moderator
Junction boxes must remain accessible.

Old 05-17-19, 02:11 PM
If its under 2" of rock, is that not considered accessible? Can't I just rake the rock back?

Old 05-17-19, 02:44 PM
here;s what i'm doing

This is what I am doing. There is 3/4" conduit ran to a fountain pump. (end of conduit) I need to connect the fountain pump wires to the UF-B wire. I want to add a tiny outlet box (smallest I can find so it doesn't show anywhere, then after I add the small outlet box, attach more conduit and finish runing it to the entrance of the well. An additional 4 feet of conduit.

I will then splice the power cord from the pump and put it in conduit and attach it to whatever outlet box i use.

I am also using silicone filled twist nuts.

Attached Images