LED Path Lighting Transformer

Old 07-09-19, 03:28 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LED Path Lighting Transformer

I have LED path lights that use a 35 Watt transformer with a quickfit connection (Class 2 120Vac, 60Hz, 0.65A Input; 18Vdc, 1.95A Output) and the transformer has gone out. The transformer is supposed to be under warranty, but I can't get hold of the mfr, the transformer I need is no longer sold (except for on eBay for four times the cost that it should be) and I can't find any transformers that have the same specs. There seem to be lots of Vac transformers, but not a lot of Vdc transformers. Any suggestions on what kind of transformer I can use as a substitute? I know nothing about electrical matters.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-19, 03:38 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 606 Votes on 559 Posts
I found several+ with just a quick search on Amazon so they do exist. The only thing you may have to do is cut the connector off the end of the new transformer and solder or butt splice on your old connector.

Old 07-09-19, 03:51 PM
J
Received 238 Votes on 209 Posts
Any transformer that has 18VDC output of 1.95 amps or greater. The amps rating can be greater but the voltage has to be the same.

Old 07-09-19, 08:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,050 Votes on 974 Posts
That transformer looks like it has a photocell attached to it which means to keep that function you'd need to add a separate photosensor to the mix.