replace power supply 12V LED cabinet lighting

Old 07-10-19, 10:41 AM
P
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
replace power supply 12V LED cabinet lighting

need to replace this power supply for under cabinet LED lighting; but original no longer available. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got a replacement but the coax connector won't fit the first light in the series.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can I simply strip original cable from first light, and attach to the two open screw connector adapter on the replacement?

Old 07-10-19, 11:20 AM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 45 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Yes, just make sure to get the polarity right. The original power supply should have an icon that shows whether positive (+) is on the inside of the sleeve or the outside.

Old 07-10-19, 01:23 PM
P
thank you, Ben! Will that icon be visible once the sheathing is stripped away from the original coax connector? Haven't used coaxes much.

Old 07-10-19, 01:32 PM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 45 Upvotes on 43 Posts
It will (probably) be on the old power supply, and will look something like this. It indicates which part of the plug connects to which pole of the power supply. When you connect the new power supply, you have to make sure it is wired with the same polarity as the old one was.

pdoyle voted this post useful.
Old 07-12-19, 03:05 PM
P
thanks Ben, the lights are now working and have a switch so I don't have to unplug them at night.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: