more outlets

Old 08-26-19, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
more outlets

have a 24x24 pole barn....have a 100amp box that has 2 breakers in it....a 15 amp for lights and a 20amp for outlets. right now I have 4 outlets in pole barn....1 on north side...2 on south side and 1 on west side. Have a small work shop on south side and storage on north side. The outlet on west side is used to charge battery tools. When working I will have a table saw and vacuum running at same time...other than that everything runs individual. Would like to add some more outlets in different places on the workshop side. could I add a couple on existing circuit...since I don't use the other 2 all that much...right now they are used for battery charging.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-19, 02:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
I would run a new separate circuit for the table saw. Assuming a shopvac type vacuum that can run on the existing circuit with no problem. All receptacles in the barn should have GFCI protection.

Old 08-26-19, 02:47 PM
Received 16 Votes on 15 Posts
Code in most areas in NA is 12 outlet/lights per circuit. I wouldn't run two saws at the same time, but 20A should be ok if its just yourself using stuff.

Old 08-26-19, 03:07 PM
Received 130 Votes on 117 Posts
The 12 outlet per circuit rule only applies to Canada. There is no such rule in USA.