Partial Outage

Old 09-06-19, 08:00 AM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Partial Outage

I lost partial power 2 nights ago for about 10 minutes. The stove, fridge, AC, Dryer were all out and a few lights. It came back on in 10 minutes and has been on since then. PECO came out and checked their equipment and said everything was working on their end. How likely is this to happen again? I talked to an electrician who said to just keep an eye on it but to come out when everything was on he would just be quessing what the problem is.

Old 09-06-19, 08:39 AM
N
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
It sounds like you either had a harsh brownout (voltage drop) or on leg dropped on the main line. Sounds like everything is back up and ya, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Old 09-06-19, 06:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,157 Likes on 2,837 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

If you had a problem with all the 240v appliances and just some of the 120v appliances..... I'd be concerned. When there is a loss of POCO power or a brownout..... your power is reduced or is out but you don't lose one leg of the service.

Losing one leg of the service like that can be isolated to just you...... if it's your problem..... or to several neighbors all on the same transformer. Typically it's a single resident problem. Keep an eye out for it to happen again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: