Unknown Plug for China Cabinet Lights


Old 09-10-19, 09:21 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unknown Plug for China Cabinet Lights

I've come across this plug that I cannot seem to find. There are two of them that connect to light fixtures in a china cabinet believed to be from Germany in the late 80s or 90s. The converter was lost in a move and I need to find a replacement. It has two pins that are round but with flat sides, and a short plastic tab in between them. The two pins are about 3mm wide at the flat sides, 8mm long, and spaced 10mm on center. The markings on the sides of the plugs read "TUV / 2.5/250 / Typ 146" Any info would be appreciated.
Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-19, 11:50 AM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 59,196
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It's doubtful whether or not you could find matching sockets. The real problem is you'd need to know what voltage the adapter needs to be for those lights. You could always change the plugs to something more common.
Old 09-10-19, 06:23 PM
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,475
Received 71 Votes on 65 Posts
What kind of bulb is used in the fixture?
If it uses regular light bulb or halogen, it may be best to replace the plug with 2 prong 120V.
Old 09-15-19, 08:42 PM
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 60
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If you are going to have to convert some things anyway, I suggest converting to 12V LEDs and some type of transformer. You don't need a lot of lumens for a china cabinet.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: