can I do this my self?

Old 06-04-01, 10:53 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a breaker switch that has all ways had part of the red showing but now the power to half of my kitchen went off and I can't get the switch to show red when I flip it could someone please tell me what I can do to fix this? my e-mail add is [email protected]

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-01, 05:34 PM
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
Some breakers have a window that shows red when they are kicked. Your breaker may not have totally set in the past and may be set now.

You might want to take the panel cover off and touch a voltage tester between the screw of that breaker and the neutral bar where the white wires are attached within the panel. If you show 120 volts your breaker is not your problem. If this house was wired between 1980 and 1995 your kitchen receptacle serving the counter space and within 6' of the sink should be GFI protected. If your house was wired since 1996 all your kitchen receptacles serving the counter area is probably GFI protected. Either way you probably will have at least 2 circuits of receptacles serving that kitchen counter area.

If you breaker test ok, then look for a GFI control in place of a receptacle in the kitchen. It will have a button saying test and one saying reset. Push the reset and see if that solves your problem.

Good Luck

Wg