Breaker panel cover

Old 12-12-19, 10:01 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Breaker panel cover

I am helping to renovate a home in the US Virgin Islands that was damaged 2 years ago by one of those hurricanes that I can't remember the name of. There is a language barrier with the electrician and while he says he understands, he pretty much does what he wants. He may be the 2nd electrician on the job as the first may have been fired along with the unscrupulous construction company. Anyway my problem is the front panel from the breaker box is gone, stolen, or thrown away. Nobody knows anything about where it is. Short of replacing the whole box with a new one, could I fashion a short term fix out of sheet metal. This is the islands and it's impossible to get anything quickly. Attached are some pictures of the box. Can anyone tell me which box it is? I'm sure I'll have to buy a whole box just to get the door? Thanks!!

Name:  59785952606__10F2650C-F65A-44DC-9500-8A3D79A1E827.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  16.6 KB

Name:  panel.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  95.7 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 12-14-19 at 09:04 AM. Reason: enlarged panel pic
Old 12-12-19, 05:50 PM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
The picture is too small to positively identify the panel, but I'll venture a guess that it's a GE panel. Most likely you can get a cover/door custom made, but you'll also have to locate a shop that specializes in this type work. Buying a new panel to get a cover may be cheaper, but I seriously doubt you will find a new panel that will use the exact same cover/door so buying a new panel really means replacing that old panel.

Old 12-14-19, 06:11 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
Small picture but it appears to be a GE panel. Getting replacement covers is next to impossible. Best you can do is what Joe said, buy and new panel and use that cover or replace the whole panel with the same brand to reuse the breakers.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: