New air tub install - blower & heater circuits

Old 03-19-20, 02:32 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New air tub install - blower & heater circuits

Hi all. I am about to buy a new Kohler freestanding bathtub along with the air bubble option. Specs call for 2 separate dedicated circuits protected with a Class A CFCI. Specs call for each circuit to be 15A, one goes to the blower and the other to the air heater. My questions involve mixing circuit sizes on the same GFCI and if it is even possible to buy a GFCI that has two separate circuits on the same GFCI device. My original intent was to use the existing 20A circuit that currently goes to the old whirlpool bath pump and re-dedicate it to one of these new circuits needed. Then I would run a new 15A circuit as needed for my second circuit.
Prior to thinking about the GFCI requirement, I was just going to use a standard residential outlet, break the tab connecting the upper & lower sections, thus giving two separate circuits. With both being a GFCI, I probably cannot do that.
That takes me to having a two gang box with two separate GFCI's in it. Is it OK to have one at 20A and the other at 15A? The electrical component rating for each component is much lower than either of these - 10A for the Blower and 5A for the heater unit.
Comments & suggestions welcome

Old 03-19-20, 05:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 89 Posts
Yes you can have 2 circuits in one box. You can install 2 gfi breakers or gfi devices. If you use devices the gfi should be accessible. A gfi cannot be split wired between 2 circuits.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: