How to wire this table saw switch

Old 04-06-20, 06:47 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to wire this table saw switch

Hey there I bought this unisaw table saw recently and would like to hook up a single phase motor to this 3 phase magnetic switch that came with the saw. Is it possible to hook it up to this switch and if so how would you go about wiring? thank you

Attached Images       

Popular Reply

04-07-20, 07:04 AM
beelzebob
Received 101 Votes on 88 Posts
I doubt you can use the switch directly as it is designed to use 575 VAC 3 phase. Your single phase will need to be near 575 VAC as this is the voltage required by the start solenoid. Secondly, the OL devices won't be usable as the current on single phase (assuming 2 hp motor) will be higher than on 3 phase. You could connect the motor to the start contact output but you lose the motor overcurrent protection.

Old 04-07-20, 07:04 AM
B
Received 101 Votes on 88 Posts
I doubt you can use the switch directly as it is designed to use 575 VAC 3 phase. Your single phase will need to be near 575 VAC as this is the voltage required by the start solenoid. Secondly, the OL devices won't be usable as the current on single phase (assuming 2 hp motor) will be higher than on 3 phase. You could connect the motor to the start contact output but you lose the motor overcurrent protection.

CasualJoe, PJmax voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: