Electrical help

Old 04-06-20, 10:51 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electrical help

You
I have 3 wires coming to my electrical pannel i have 2 hots a uncoated silver wire n another wire. None of which r hooked up to pannel yet. I know the 2 hots go to main breaker n then the silver wire goes to ground but there is no common. White wire. Now i have the box wired to where the bar the common wire usually goes to i have a jumper connecting to the ground i can send pic i need to know b4 i hook the powrr to box if this is right. And when wiring up breakers where does the white wire go. Normally there should b 2 hots coming in a white and a silver ground. But there is no white.

Sponsored Links

Popular Reply

04-07-20, 02:56 PM
pcboss
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
Can you post a picture from further back?

Secondly, that panel looks like it is toast and needs replacement.

Old 04-07-20, 02:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The bare is your neutral wire if you only have 3 conductors. If this panel is the first means of disconnect past the meter you will need to install the bond screw and your grounding system.

Old 04-07-20, 06:03 AM
P
Received 45 Votes on 38 Posts
You need to provide more info as to what this panel is, main panel with first disconnect, subpanel from another panel? Is the three wire feeder coming straight off the meter?

Old 04-07-20, 10:58 AM
J
Ok power comes from pole to a box outside. There is 3 hots a white common and a silver neutral. Those go to fuses. After fuses is where im trying to wire from. Who ever ran wires ran what u see in pic to pannel inside. I was told u can run it like this but im not sure what to do with white. I have to hook up the 2 hots n neutral silver at box outside and connect breakers at inside box. I will post pic

Old 04-07-20, 11:19 AM
J
Ok here is the pic. Not sure if it going to work. If not let me know n where i can send pic

Attached Images  
Old 04-07-20, 02:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Can you post a picture from further back?

Secondly, that panel looks like it is toast and needs replacement.

Astuff, CasualJoe voted this post useful.
Old 04-08-20, 08:05 AM
Received 60 Votes on 51 Posts
Ok power comes from pole to a box outside. There is 3 hots a white common and a silver neutral. Those go to fuses.
What? No meter socket or meter? After trying to decipher your message, I think you also need to include pictures of what you have on the house outside. For a second I thought maybe this was a subpanel, but your description of the wires is definitely not right.