Phone Rechargeable Battery expert needed!

Old 06-16-01, 10:35 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question

I have a Uniden EXP 7900 portable house phone. Last weekend, it became apparant that the rechargeable Ni-cad batteries needed replacing. The specifications require a Ni-cad battery with 600 mAH, 3.6V. I went to Radio Shack and they sold me a 700 mAH, 3.6V battery.

This past week, my phone has been acting weird. Sometimes it will work...sometimes it will not. It doesn't want to hold a charge and it now acts like it has a poltergiest. The page goes off unexpectedly; the phone beeps, etc.

When I looked up the specs on the Uniden website today, it said I needed to use the specified battery with 600 mAH and 3.6V. I took the battery back to Radio Shack and the clerk said the only difference between the 600 mAH and the 700 mAH was how long the battery would hold a charge and that the battery should work. He then said there must be a problem with the phone, which I doubt! Someone should be able to tell me if the clerk is right. By the way, when I looked at the back of the battery package from Radio Shack, it listed several Uniden model phones it would work in and MY Uniden model EXP 7900 was not listed.

Can someone tell me if the clerk is right?

Old 06-16-01, 03:51 PM
resqcapt19
Visiting Guest
The clerk is correct. It sounds like you have a poor connection between the battery terminals and the phone.
Don

Old 06-18-01, 06:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Might also want to make sure that the contacts on your new battery are wired the same as your old one. If your model number is not listed as compatible with your new battery the terminal arrangement might not be the same thus you might not be charging the battery as you think. Your best bet would be to order the correct battery from Uniden and forget about Radio Shack's.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: