Tripping breakers

Old 06-13-01, 09:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

I have central air and have had it since I've lived here since 98' and it's ran just fine. Well now when I turn it on, it keeps tripping the breaker for it. It's hot, what can I do to fix it? What's wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-01, 09:36 AM
RickM
Visiting Guest
Cool

There's no point in waiting. Call in a professional to check out the unit. The motor may be bad, or it may be low on refrigerant. Either way, let a professional repair it.

Good luck. Rick Miell

P.S. I feel for you. Here in southeast Colorado it was 97 degrees yesterday. A/C is COOL!!

Old 06-13-01, 11:49 AM
Visiting Guest
Well if we are talking about the same motor, it was just replaced in Sept., the one replaced was actually in the furnace that at least controls the blower. And the refrigerant should be fine, it's only been used 3 seasons. It might run one cycle, everything works fine, it cools like it's supposed too, but when it goes to kick on again, it trips the breaker. I just stood at the breaker box, turning on the breaker, the unit would kick on, then the breaker would trip. I don't know who to even call, an electrician or a heating and cooling person? Just assume to fix it myself, but have no clue!