Are there covers that fit these boxes?

Old 09-19-20, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are there covers that fit these boxes?

I really like the look of these plastic boxes and metal boxes for my workshop I just had built. I like how to can get the adaptors to screw the conduit into the sides. Thing is, I can ONLY find outdoor plate covers for either of these. As in the water proof box box covers. I searched Lowes and Home Depot and only find the waterproof ones or regular home covers that don't seem to fit properly. Am I just sh** out of luck for wanting to use this look for an exposed outlet setup?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-20, 05:06 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 112 Votes on 104 Posts
A standard plastic or metal cover plate will work fine. It may not fit precisely, but it'll be close.
Unfortunately, you're not really "supposed" to put a non-weatherproof cover on a weatherproof box.

Most people would use 1900 metal boxes for a garage setup. You can get plates for them that have that industrial look.

Old 09-19-20, 05:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,104 Votes on 1,024 Posts
You're not out of luck. ANY plate will work on those boxes.
You install the device with two screws into the box and one or two plate screws depending on switch or receptacle. Using oversized/slightly larger plates will yield a better look.

Old 09-19-20, 10:11 PM
Thank you guys for the reply. The plates I saw at the store were far oversized for these, I will have to look again. I want a more clean look so exactly or a little overhang I can deal with. What I saw when I looked was close to 1/4 inch all the way around and I wouldn't be able to do that. I think that would look tacky from the sides.

Old 09-20-20, 01:07 AM
A
Received 44 Votes on 39 Posts
You have a workshop so can you not trim the oversize plates to fit?

Old 09-20-20, 05:58 AM
T
Received 41 Votes on 40 Posts
Check out Mulberry metal outlet covers. If I was going to need to trim covers and then paint, these would be my choice. They do advertise powder coated even to fit 4x4 metal boxes.

Old 10-08-20, 03:43 AM
Thank you guys for the replies. I was able to find a plastic cover that fix the plastic box quite well. Only has a very small amount of overhang. It looks amazing now!