limit switch manufacturer?

Old 12-01-20, 12:48 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
limit switch manufacturer?

This is the best photo I can get of this limit switch, I don't have the switch so cannot attempt to take a closer-up photo for perhaps more clarity. Hoping somebody might recognize the brand/manufacturer and also especially as well be able to read or have a clue what it says in that line of information as can almost be made out just below the lighter colored bar toward the upper section.

Old 12-01-20, 12:53 PM
Received 289 Votes on 259 Posts
If I do "search the web for image" it returns with this

CCA

NO

COP 50HO
BA 125/250 VAC
2/<P 125 VAC. 1 1/2 P 250 VAC
MEXICO

Old 12-01-20, 01:29 PM
The apparent CCA would actually be COM, for "common", I do know that. The NO would be right, as that means "normally open." I'm betting against COP but maybe that's at least close if not it. What also might be helpful to me is some definite deciphering of what that apparent manufacturer/brand that symbol-like designation at the top middle might be.

Also, curious how you do a "search the web for image" as you mentioned.
Thanks

Old 12-01-20, 01:48 PM
I did a right click on your image. Should show up as an option.

Old 12-01-20, 02:02 PM
T
Received 14 Votes on 13 Posts
Looks to me like a Double-pole/Double-throw switch. I suspect Top Left is Common for the top 2 terminals on the right and Bottom Left is Common for the bottom 2 terminals on the right.

Old 12-01-20, 02:20 PM
B
Received 101 Votes on 88 Posts
Try web for CHERRY 0E1900H0 MICRO SWITCH, HINGE LEVER, DPDT 15A 250V

Old 12-01-20, 02:44 PM
Looks to me like a Double-pole/Double-throw switch. I suspect Top Left is Common for the top 2 terminals on the right and Bottom Left is Common for the bottom 2 terminals on the right.
Yes that is correct but I am trying to track down an identical replacement switch like it.

Old 12-01-20, 02:48 PM
Try web for CHERRY 0E1900H0 MICRO SWITCH, HINGE LEVER, DPDT 15A 250V
That's very close obviously but it is also necessary that the lever shape/bend is identical. thanks...

Old 12-01-20, 03:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,324 Votes on 1,224 Posts
Extremely doubtful you'll find a switch with the activation arm bent like that.
That switch was probably custom made for an OEM company on special order.

sgull voted this post useful.
Old 12-01-20, 03:57 PM
Extremely doubtful you'll find a switch with the activation arm bent like that.
That switch was probably custom made for an OEM company on special order.
Ok then, that is likely the probable case, as I have had absolutely no luck despite extensive searching online among various companies/manufacturers. Always ends up being the difference... that activation arm like that. I did get in touch with the (rolling door) operator company (Power Master) of which the switch was installed into. They do in fact have that switch they said, but it's spendy from them at $35 plus $8 shipping and I was hoping my search efforts might possibly turn up same thing but no so expensive. Will bite the bullet.

Old 12-02-20, 09:13 AM
Received 69 Votes on 59 Posts
What is the problem with the switch you have? Perhaps it can be cleaned (with some contact cleaner) or repaired. Can you use the existing arm on a new switch? (I did not look at the Cherry switches suggested.)

Old 12-02-20, 09:46 AM
What is the problem with the switch you have? Perhaps it can be cleaned (with some contact cleaner) or repaired. Can you use the existing arm on a new switch?
With the switch I have it was failing to stop the closing movement of the door when engaged. I checked and found no continuity between COM and either of the NC terminals with the switch engaged, which was an apparent indication the switch had gone bad. Perhaps indeed it can be cleaned or repaired as you've suggested, or in fact possibly I could use the existing arm on a new switch such as the CHERRY one in the post this thread. That would be cool. I have my doubts but I'll check out the situation closer.

Old 12-02-20, 10:43 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 156 Votes on 139 Posts
If anyone out there has one, DigiKey probably does.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...t-switches/198

There are about 1,300 lever actuated switches, I honestly didn't drill down much further, but you might be able to find something that will work.

Old 12-02-20, 10:57 AM
If anyone out there has one, DigiKey probably does.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...t-switches/198
There are about 1,300 lever actuated switches, I honestly didn't drill down much further, but you might be able to find something that will work.
Good luck...
That's what I'll be needing plenty of. I'll start drilling.

Old 12-02-20, 11:15 AM
Group Moderator
Old 12-02-20, 12:15 PM
Thanks Pete for those possibilities. The activating arm(s) on those various ones still looks not quite the match, and I don't know yet whether it's possible/feasible to try to use the existing arm on a new switch as has been suggested to try.
Will post back with any updates to report any luck/progress.

Old 12-02-20, 12:28 PM
Received 69 Votes on 59 Posts
between COM and either of the NC terminals with the switch engaged
You should check all the contacts in "normal" (not engaged) and engaged positions. Usually NC (Normally Closed) will show continuity with the switch in the NON-active position (i.e. not engaged), NO (Normally Open) will not. With the switch engaged NO would show continuity and NC would not.

Old 12-02-20, 12:35 PM
You should check all the contacts in "normal" (not engaged) and engaged positions. Usually NC (Normally Closed) will show continuity with the switch in the NON-active position (i.e. not engaged), NO (Normally Open) will not. With the switch engaged NO would show continuity and NC would not.
Thank you, will double check specifically on all that as you've suggested.

Old 12-03-20, 12:20 PM
D
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Microswitches are generic and widely available in many common physical sizes.
Here is one source: https://www.alliedelec.com/switches/...tion-switches/

Picture is of 2 pole switch. Does sgull need 2 poles? if not other unused pole can be used. Single pole is easier to find.

If only one set/pole of sgull contacts is bad, other good contacts could be used to activate a DPDT relay as temporary fix: https://www.alliedelec.com/product/o...ac24/70178789/

Last edited by doughess; 12-03-20 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-03-20, 12:36 PM
Microswitches are generic and widely available in many common physical sizes.
One of my main problems is the particular configuration/bends of the activating arm on mine, can't seem to find a replacement switch like mine with that same bends. Such definitely does not seem widely available at all; only one particular source I've found, as I've mentioned/described in post #10 this thread.

Old 12-03-20, 01:24 PM
It would be possible to print a 3 D arm to match the old one that could slip over a new switch with just a straight arm coming off it. I don't believe that arm has any stress put upon it.

Old 12-03-20, 01:40 PM
It would be possible to print a 3 D arm to match the old one that could slip over a new switch with just a straight arm coming off it. I don't believe that arm has any stress put upon it.
Wow, I suppose I should keep that in mind. Sounds rather involved though, and I know of no place or person who could perform that for me.

Old 12-03-20, 02:26 PM
It's something I could do for you or even somebody artistic enough with sheet metal. You would get a switch with this type of arm on it. I in turn would fabricate a 3D printed (ABS plastic) piece to be slip on or glue over it in the shape you need. The problem with this approach is it's always a trial and error processes. Most likely several prints before you get it right.

Now if you use a piece of sheet metal bent to the right shape with side clips to be bent over the replacement switch that might work.
Problem again is it worth the time and effort. The $50 some odd bucks on a new one is the way to go and you know it's correct and it will work.

Old 12-03-20, 05:03 PM
Group Moderator
I linked you to switches similar to what I use. They have long levers.
Bend them the same way as your old one.
Get a couple in case you break one

(I use a similar switch in elevator control. A little better grade but comes with the long arm and I bend them. The metal is a type of spring steel and won't break easily but will bend and hold a shape.)

Old 12-03-20, 07:04 PM
D
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Sometimes you can modify arms or switch them from old to new one.

Old 12-03-20, 11:20 PM
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
Sometimes you can modify arms or switch them from old to new one.
I got a ton of these micro switches (From broken microwave ovens) some have three terminals (NC,NO,COM) while some have two but a hole and marking where the third one would have been (cost cutting at it's best!) The one you have looks like the lever can possibly be removed (how easily I don't know) what is this from and what was it's purpose in said device? The three terminal ones are a dime a dozen but this I don't know I've never seen a micro switch with more then three terminals but the metal levers are fairly thin metal and a pair of pliers maybe able to "tweak" it enough to work as intended.

Old 12-04-20, 03:34 AM
Received 23 Votes on 23 Posts
That is very close to an Allister door opener double pole limit switch,but the arm is bent slightly different. Check with a door company that does commercial installs and repairs, they should have them in stock

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: