Water pump,splitter, small panel in same shed, shed size?

Old 04-09-21, 07:12 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water pump,splitter, small panel in same shed, shed size?

This is a rural setting in Canada (Fortis is the utility) so it will be cold in the winter and we want to have 1 utility shed to heat. We are looking to bring power trenched from the utility pole transformer to the shed. In this shed we would like a splitter to feed a garage, house, and guest house as well as a small panel for the water pump and shed heat/lights. The land area is 3 acres and the buildings will be spread out and not built all at once hence the splitter to do individual trenches over time.
I'm not sure of the water pump size but it is a 200' deep well.
Would a 7'x7'x7' shed (or smaller?) meet all the clearances required for these 3 (water pump, splitter, panel) devices in the shed?
I know it must be at least 6.5' high for the panel requirements and have 3' of clearance in front of it but as for the water pump I'm just not sure how much clearance that needs for itself and away from electrical.

Thank you and absolutely open to suggestions to improve my plan.

Old 04-09-21, 08:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That shed is plenty big enough.
Will you be bringing in a 200A service ?
You really only need one main panel. It would be most likely 42 breaker spaces.
You could connect your loads to this panel as needed.

Old 04-10-21, 05:31 AM
J
Received 515 Upvotes on 420 Posts
As long as you don't start using the shed for storage and blocking access to the panel you will be fine.

Old 04-10-21, 06:42 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 277 Upvotes on 253 Posts
You can get weatherproof panels or panel enclosure enclosures that may be mounted on the outside wall.

Old 04-25-21, 11:41 AM
I
Received 35 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Pjmax wrote: "You really only need one main panel. It would be most likely 42 breaker spaces."

Doesn't that mean that each of those 42 circuits to the remote house, guest house, and garage are going to have to be run underground? Seems like an expensive nightmare.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: