Semi-flush outdoor panel

Old 04-27-21, 10:40 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Semi-flush outdoor panel

We are considering installing a 4-1/2 deep outdoor Leviton load center panel (M/N LP420-3B) on our stucco wall. The instructions say that it can be semi-flush mounted with mounting holes in the back. Does anyone know if there are are their universal flange kits for panels? Also, when I look at the side view of the panel (below), I don't see how the feed hole could be enclosed in the cavity if we need to add stucco in front of the feed. I wonder what the manufacturer is thinking calling this a semi-flush (I included the instructions and spec sheet)?

Attached Images
Old 04-27-21, 01:40 PM
Received 96 Votes on 89 Posts
Hi, that doesn’t make sense, have you tried to contact Leviton?
Geo 🇺🇸

Old 04-27-21, 04:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 370 Votes on 320 Posts
If this is your main service panel, meaning it is the first overcurrent device, you can not have non-fused conductors inside a wall of a dwelling.

Also, how would you mount the meter?

Old 05-03-21, 11:33 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Geochurchi, I tried to contact Leviton. There is one person in the "special Leviton load center" department and he does not know much more than I do about the panel as far as the answers I am getting because their drawings are missing so much information. I guess that's why I was trying this forum since I can't seem to get answers from Leviton on how this can work as anything but a surface mount even though they claim that it can be semi-flush mounted.

Tolyn, this is a sub-panel. The meter is installed somewhere else. I was wondering if there are universal ways to add a flange to a panel like this to affix to the studs and have somewhere to weatherproof and stucco to.

Old 05-03-21, 12:00 PM
Received 96 Votes on 89 Posts
It seems like a miss print in the brochure.
Geo 🇺🇸

Old 05-03-21, 02:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 370 Votes on 320 Posts
You can recess an outdoor panel in the wall somewhat. Just make sure that the door can be opened without issues. There are also some panels that the door opens up. Where the stucco meets the panel will just need some caulk.

Old 05-03-21, 03:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,613 Votes on 1,485 Posts
Typically flange kits aren't needed as the panel just fits between two standard wall studs.
That is a service panel because it has the place for the overhead service gland.
Not really a feature you need.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: