I need Help With wiring in a Light!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-25-01, 10:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I have in my ceiling a

1 loop-in cieling rose.
This means i have 3 live red wires going to one box, one black to neutral, one black for switch power and one earth wire.
I have a light fixture that requires one live feed, one neutral feed and an earth.
How do i convert the 1 loop in rose to suit my new light?
Which wires do i need, how do i combine the correct ones together so the light will work and i don't blow my self up in the process of fitting it?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-01, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

littlehomer, not to be nasty, but I do need to be diect in telling you your teminoigy is difficult to interpret in relation to the wiring. Some backround information would be of help, You may be telling us something that is true, and should not exist.
Does "one black to neutral, one black for switch power and one earth wire." refer to the existing fixture?
What type of cable is entering the box, or just wires? To be more specific, what are the wires in outside of the box.(Describe please)

Tell us the colors of the wires entering the box, and where into the box (do all of them enter together, or do some of then enter on the left, and some on the right?
Forget telling about red roses on you ceiling, even though they may look or smell nice, ok?
How do you identify hot and neutal when all are red? Nevermind this question, just stick to telling what you have first.

gj