Old 06-28-01, 01:27 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Hello. I am wanting to move a sun tan bed that came with the mobile home I bought. It is a wolffe and is wired directly into the wall. What do I need to know to get it unwired and moved. Right now I am not concerned about rewiring it but may some day. Thanks Mary
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-01, 04:22 AM
abNORMal's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: New Jersey USA
Posts: 536
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When you say it is wired into the wall, does it go into a junction box of some kind or just a hole in the wall?

If there is a junction box, kill the power, remove the cover and you should see wires wire-nutted together. There will be at least four, probably more. Two will be from the source of power and two will be from the tanning bed. Remove the wire nuts and disconnect only the tanning bed wires (how ever many there are), then replace the nut as it was. If removing the tanning bed wire leaves only one wire, still replace the wire nut. Replace the junction box cover with a solid blank one.

If there is no junction box where it enters the wall, you will have to trace the wire to where it connects to power. This may be under the frame of the mobile home, or it may go to another junction box. The procedure is the same as above. If the wire goes all the way to the panel, you should get an electrician to disconnect it there.

If it disappears into the wall and you can't locate its origin, you could cut the wire about 8 inches from the wall, install an old-work junction box, bring the wire coming out of the wall into the box and cap each wire end with a wire nut.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: