Refrigerator type switch


Old 06-29-01, 08:06 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I want to install a switch on a closet door that will turn a light on when the door opens and off when it closes.

I've seen this before and thought it would be an item not hard to find.

I found something at HomeDepot that I can rig to do it, but I have to build a box to hold the switch etc. Not what I'd like.

I found just the opposite in a complete box I guess for a dark room (light goes on when door is closed).

What should I call this type of switch so I can search for one? Or where can I go to find one?


(Yes I'm full of questions)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-01, 08:15 AM
Gary Tait
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
It's called a Jamb switch. You want the Normally Closed

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: