Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

Tiny Loose Plastic Piece in Eaton CH Sub Panel - Will This Cause Any Issues?

Old 04-21-24, 06:37 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

FYI - Everything was off. Turned the main breaker off outside and locked the box to ensure no one could turn it on.

So I have an Eaton Sub Panel in my garage with all my breakers and I noticed when replacing a breaker there was a tiny plastic piece hanging by a thread.

I didnít want the plastic piece to break off/fall onto the feeder wires so I gently pulled on it and it easily came off.

Is this going to cause any issues or is it completely fine? Hereís a quick video showing the plastic piece removal.

https://youtu.be/uAn5jeNFEnE

Old 04-21-24, 07:43 PM
L
Received 204 Upvotes on 174 Posts
I believe those are tabs holding bus bar in place. Without those tabs, bus bar may pull away from the mounting plate. Breakers will hold bus bar in place while breakers are installed, but not ideal situation.
Try removing breakers and check of bus bar is still secured to the mounting plate.

Old 04-21-24, 08:16 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A majority of the plastic piece is still thereÖdid you see the video I posted?

This was before I removed the little plastic pieceÖit was somehow broken before and dangling on.

The tiny piece was so flimsy, but the majority of it is there and in place.

Old 04-22-24, 04:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 893 Upvotes on 754 Posts
I watched the video. That little piece is not significant and it being broken should not cause any issues. As you can see, the round pins is what holds the bus bar in place.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: