Tripping Circuit Breaker

Old 09-15-01, 04:06 AM
bjohnston
Visiting Guest
Question

In the past few days, I have had one circuit in my circuit breaker trip a couple of times a day. I have been resetting the circuit but am wondering if I might have some bad wiring. Should I be checking something?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-01, 05:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, you should be checking something. And sooner, not later. A breaker doesn't trip unless overloaded or you have a short circuit. If you keep resetting it the breaker may eventually fail to trip and you could have an electrical fire. Have you been able to associate the breaker tripping with any circuit or appliance in your house?

Old 09-15-01, 04:40 PM
Rmen13
Visiting Guest
try plugging out all the appliances that that breaker goes to and see if it trips, if it doesn't then its a short circut somewhere.

Old 09-16-01, 02:16 PM
bjohnston
Visiting Guest
Question

This breaker is for our garage, front hall, porch, and master bath. I have not been able to identify anything that trips it. However, in the garage the overhead light is always blowing light bulbs. Could that have anything to do with it? How do you fix a short circuit?

Old 09-16-01, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is this a GFCI breaker (very likely given the location of these receptacles)? In what year was your house built?