wiring

Old 09-30-01, 12:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Iam in the process of hooking up a 14/2 wire to a another set of wires,my question is.My 14/2 has 1 black 1 white and a ground.my other wire is only going to be hooked up to a 15 amp circuit breaker.the colors are as follows.One blue one red one black and copper(ground)?How do i hook these 4 to only the other three.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-01, 02:27 PM
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
I am taking a wild guess here so be very careful what you are doing. First you have no neutral as per the US NEC. However if you are located in Europe a good chance is the blue is the neutral. I also suspect you are expecting 120 volts and you may be getting 200 volts. Tell you exact location geographically. This should help us center down on a few doubts at this time. If you have a voltage tester test between the black and blue wires and record the voltage present. Repeat that test between the red and blue and again record that voltage. Then repeat that test again and record that voltage found between the black and red. Also make a test between the bare and blue wire also and record that tested voltage. We will be waiting for the results.

Wg