motion sensor floodlights

Old 10-06-01, 06:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Can anyone recommend a good name brand of motion detector floodlights. I have Regency and the timer doesn't work like it should on any of the three I have. It doesn't matter if I set the timer for them to stay on 4, 8 or 12 minutes they sometimes work properly and sometimes they have a mind of their own. They detect motion and come on when they should but just aren't consistant when it comes to the length of time they should stay on. I've read the owner's manual and tried everything suggested but can't get them to work consistantly. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-01, 03:43 AM
Visiting Guest
Cary C:
Hav eyou tried to reset them? I had a problen with the regency lights until I reset them and raised the sensitivity. Let me know what you find.
John

Old 10-08-01, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool activation

Is the infrared sensor detecting motion after the first time it does? The delay for "lights off" will start with the last motion detection. Resetting sounds like a goos idea. Try making adjustments with the sensitivity.

gj

Old 10-08-01, 04:30 PM
Visiting Guest
I've tried resetting the sensors by the manufacturer's guidelines but they still aren't consistant. Most of the time they come on and stay on for about a minute, even though the timer is set for 4, 8 or 12 minutes. I have the beepers that came with it that you plug into a wall socket in the house to let you know when motion is detected and they work great. Just can't get the lights to stay on for any period of time after they're activated. Any other ideas?
Thanks!