GFCI with shared nuetral and Ground

Old 09-02-01, 08:11 AM
D
dntdualm130
Visiting Guest
Dear jeff
I asked you a questin last week about the water leaking into my fridge. I did what you told me to do, it worked for a few days and started to do the samething again. Then I took the freezer bottom out of the compartment and put a hair dryer over the drain hole and thawed everything out. This worked for a day or so. The only thing I did not do is to take off the drain tube going to the bottom of the fridge,did I make a mistake in not doing this.Please help me solve this problem. IT'S LEAKING AGAIN.

Thank You For Your Help
Charlie

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-01, 11:38 AM
G
Visiting Guest
I read the info in a GFCI Box prior to installation and there is a note " Do not install GFCI receptacle with cables with more than 2 wires (not including ground)." I am assuming they don't want you to install a GFCI with a shared neutral or shared ground with another circuit. Is this correct?
My intent actually was to run 12/3 to a 4" box in my kitchen, put both of my 20 amp counter circuit GFCIs in the box and run to the rest of my counter outlets.

Old 11-07-01, 02:28 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Sure, that will work fine. But only if you do not share the neutral after this box. I.e., run two 12/2 cables out of that box rather than the 12/3.