Delta Unisaw 220V Outlet

Old 11-09-01, 04:24 AM
Brad Franzwa
Visiting Guest
I had electrical service upgraded in my garage to handle 60 amps. The electrician left me a 220V 20-amp breaker for my saw, but I need to know how to wire the outlet. The plug on the saw is for 220V 15 amp plug.
Should I run 12-3 wire to a 15 amp outlet? 10 ga. wire? >>
Should I have 3 or 4 wires hooked up to the actual outlet? I am wondering if the white neutral makes the green ground unnecessary since they will both hook up to the ground bar in the load center. Any help would be appreciated so I can use my new Unisaw!

Old 11-09-01, 09:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Match the receptacle to the cord plug.What is the wiring method?-Armored Cable (BX) or Non-Metallic (Romex)?. 12/2, either BX or Romex is adequate, but 12/3 has a Red conductor for a better color-code because with 12/2 you'll have the White as an un-grounded conductor.The receptacle connection is 2 un-grounded conductors and an equiptment grounding conductor which connects to the Green terminal,either the bare wire in the Romex or a box to receptacle jumper for BX.If you use 12/3 BX use the White for the EGC but tape it Green at both ends.For 12/3 Romex the White is not used.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: