Slim line breakers


Old 12-09-01, 11:01 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Slim line breakers

Does anybody know if they make a slim line breaker to fit a square D breaker panel?

Old 12-09-01, 11:21 AM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
  • Siemens, Murray, and Cutler-Hammer call them "twin" breakers.
  • Cutler-Hammer also makes a "quad" -- two double pole breakers in a 2" space.
  • GE calls them double-pole breakers (I'm not too crazy about that name).
  • Zinsco simply uses a "(2)" indication.
  • Square D calls them "tandem" breakers.

If what you're referring to is space-saving breakers where you get two circuit breakers in a 1-inch space, then yes, Square D makes many kinds of them, in both their Homeline and QO lines. They are sold absolutely everywhere.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: