elelctrical

Old 12-15-01, 06:44 PM
Visiting Guest
elelctrical

i am working on a furnace replacing a blower motor while doing this i lost my marks and paper i drew my diagram on now i need help re wireing my furnice p.s. it's getting very cold

Old 12-16-01, 07:08 AM
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
You didn't tell us how many wires you have coming from the fan motor. That would help a lot. If you have a white wire coming from the motor then connect that white wire of the motor to the white wire coming from the furnace. Connect any green wire of the motor to the bare or green wire coming from the furnace. Then the other wires should be hot wires. If you only have one wire that is not white or bare or green coming from the furnace then connect that to any one wire coming from the motor that is not white or green. If you change and connect the hot wire coming from the furnace to any other wire coming from the motor with exception of the white or green wires then your fan speed should change in RPM. Jus make sure the white wires are connected to each other and the bare and green wires are connected to each other. Then the other wires must be connected singly without touching any other wires of that motor and connected to the remaining wires coming from your furnace.

In short you have a white and green wire coming from the furnace motor that needs connected to the white and bare or green wire coming from the furnace. The other motors are different speed hot wires connecting to the hot wire coming from the furnace. You may find the speeds in the wrong place if you have a three speed furnace if so just reverse the hot colors leaving the white and green or bares connected and untouched as you switch the hot wires around to match the fan speed you need.

Let us know how you come out.

Hope this helps

Wg

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: