outlet insulators

Old 01-15-02, 05:24 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
outlet insulators

where can i get Insulators for regular outlets to seal out drafts? I have tried to find them but no one in my town sell them & I can't find anyplace on the net. could someone please let me know of a place on the net to get them.
Old 01-16-02, 10:47 AM
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Calgary Canada
Posts: 690
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You could try http://www.electrical-contractor.net and search through their Electrical Supplies Finder . You might find responses by looking for "vapour barriers" as there is one designed for an outlet box and it is suppose to offer insulation value as the air cannot penitrate it.
Personally I use a sheet of plastic (painters drop cloth) and cover the outside of the box before installing it to the wall, forms a good barrier and helps stop heat lose.
Old 01-16-02, 10:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Gotta think Home Depot or any hardware store sells 'em as I recollect seeing them there. They come fitted with cutouts for the outlet.

Frost King is one company that I know makes 'em.

You'd be surprised at the draft that comes through those things. I sure was!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: