filler for switchplate slots?


Old 01-29-02, 10:30 AM
L West
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question filler for switchplate slots?

When I did my basement wiring I installed two and three gag boxes at the lcoations where my lighting / fan switches will be. I don't plan to install ceiling fans in some of the rooms at this time and was wondering if there is something like a filler plate for switch covers. For example, say I have a three gang box and am only going to install two switches at this time. I need something to fill the hole in the switchplate where the third switch would normally be. I can always put a switch in the box to fill the slot, but then it would be a switch that doesn't control anything. Anyway, just curious if there is such a thing.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-02, 01:55 PM
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: orlando, fl
Posts: 23
You have a couple of options. If you used the "Decora" type of switches, they are a wider rocker type switch. Blank inserts are sold depending on the area should be found at Home Depot or Lowes. Leviton makes them so they could be special ordered.

Your second option, which will work for the Decora type switches or regular toggle switch, is "create a plate" These allow you to design what ever configuration you need. They "gang" snaps together. These too are found at Home Depot or Lowes.

Hope this helps
Old 01-29-02, 02:00 PM
Join Date: May 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 124
Homedepot sells a blank for a standard light switch.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes